1. Figen of The Knit Box has inspired me with her new blog. After many years of thinking about having a blog, she finally did it, and her writing, thoughts, and free knitting patterns are so engaging.
2. A new quilter myself, I find Rachel Griffith’s p.s. i quilt totally inspiring and funny. With her playfulness and complete love of quilting, I’ve found myself hooked. Patchwork, here I come.
3. I know that getting a humble Lemonade Award from me might not mean much to a pro-blogger like Anna Maria Horner, but because of her I wait by my blog reader daily with cup of coffee in hand for updates on her studio, her fabric, and her new baby.
5. The happy ladies of Intarsia Concept instruct those of us in arts and craft based businesses how to stay afloat, how to pursue those dreams, and most of all, how to make it all happen in a practical way.
6. Having just discovered Ruth’s Crafting Istanbul, adventures of a would-be needlewoman, I’m hooked.
7. My friend Tara’s blog reminds me always of the good things people are doing in the world, and she writes about social responsibility in a thoughtful, and meaningful way.
8. Ilknur of Bosphorus Glass makes beautiful handmade glass beads, and has just started silversmithing. She’s a girl with amazing talent and a million ideas.
9. In Turkish, but with lots of beautiful photos, Kımızı Minder is a glimpse into a life and design blog in Istanbul.
10. From pillows to embroidery, industrial design to surface pattern and notecards, Twig & Thistle rounds up the best and most interesting things out there into one juicy blog.
And that’s it, folks! For those of you who want to pass along the award if you’ve been nominated on this list, read below.*
Every now and then it’s really nice to narrow down the blog pool. Some days I can look at my blog roll and get totally overwhelmed. So much to see, so much to read, but what I come back to time and time again are blogs driven by a passion and goal to share, to create, and to ignite their readers with a sense of inclusion and inspiration to create.
*To pick up the Lemonade Stand Award:
– Comment on this blog.
– Copy the award and save to your computer, and then upload it to your blog.
– Nominate 5 to 10 blogs you feel show great attitude and gratitude.
– Link to your nominees within your blog post.
– Comment on their blogs to let them know they’ve received the award.
– Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation.