I write young adult fiction. I am a sketchbook and journal junkie. Blogging circa 2004. Guest blogger on creativity. I’ve been a columnist for the Hurriyet Daily News, and a contributor to expat+HAREM‘s global niche blog. In 2010, I drafted a young adult novel about 15-year-old Merilee and her virtual celebrity boyfriend with the help of a kick-start month of writing. Since then, I’ve been rewriting a book that has taken an exciting creepy and futuristic turn. I’m thrilled to be working with award-winning fiction writer Kathy Steffen of the How to Write Shop as my writing coach.
I participate in several Twitter chats during the week for community, idea swapping, and motivation: #amwriting #amrevising #litchat and #writechat. Sign up for my monthly round up of Creative Life Picks in my newsletter. Come friend me on Facebook, She Writes, or Good Reads!
The Mercy Troupers, Escape Into Life, June 2010
- Social Media and Women’s Empowerment, Tert.am, March 13, 2010
- Social Media and Women’s Empowerment, Hürriyet Daily News, March 12, 2010
- International Local Living and The Weekly Dish Istanbul events column, Hürriyet Daily News, May 2009-May 2010
- Mapping the Imagination, expat+HAREM 12/19/2009
- Hybrid Domesticities, expat+HAREM 11/4/2009
- No Delays, but Prepare for Breakdown, Hürriyet Daily News,8/29/2009
- Got a Light? Hürriyet Daily News, 7/25/2009
- The Year of Guilty Coffee, Hürriyet Daily News, 6/15/2009
- Pass the baklava, it’s time for tea, Writing Up an Appetite, Februrary 20, 2012
- Creative Chaos: Thriving as a Mother-Writer, Story of Mum, September 28, 2011
- The Spaces in Between: Creative Fodder in Daily Life, The Bird Sisters, August 11, 2010
- Mapping the Imagination at expat+HAREM
- Hybrid Domesticities at expat+HAREM